Wednesday, November 4, 2009

COSMETIC CHANGES

.
1. COMPLETED '04 INTERIOR

As I commented in my first entry, I bought this Black '05, planning to install the '04 red interior accents: red insert seats and red insert door panels. IT'S DONE! I bought the seats soon after I bought the car, and just recently ordered the door panel inserts from Online Mazda Parts, out of Montgomery Mazda in Charlotte NC (better than average parts prices). Mike aka Droptopdrifter/Doppelganger had done this same installation a couple years ago in his car (different colors), and since he has a heating tool that proves helpful for a factory-like installation, and since I also knew I'd like to meet him and his awesome car (260 whp and Garage Vary front bumper), today I went up to Atlanta. We got the job done and just enjoyed talking Miatas and modding. And man does his car move.

Anyway, I wonder if my car is now the only Black Mica Mazdaspeed Miata with the red/black interior. Quite possible since that arrangement was never offered. That would be kinda cool. Whether or not, I think it looks great.


2. HEADLIGHT & TAILLIGHT BEZELS

For a long time I wasn't sure if I thought these were an improvement or not, but I was sure that (to me at least) the Black Mica cars are the only ones they look really good on. Well I just came across a Black Mica set for $25! -normally $70+ for new, and painting costs on top of that. So they're mine! I'll get them mounted in a few days and see what I think.

No comments: