Monday, November 2, 2009

FIRST DYNO

I recently ordered and received Flyin' Miata's Complete Intake Kit. It will free up the car's breathing, allow me to raise the boost a couple pounds, prevent the ecu from seeing a rich condition under boost (in which case it would pull fuel), and solve a problem with the throttle body inlet pipe. Installation comes later this week!

Before doing the install, I took the car today for a dyno test: a first for the car, a first for me. Without any power mods, the car shows 151 horsepower at the wheels (as opposed to the factory number of 178 at the engine). Those are smallish horsepower numbers....until you remember they only have to push 2500 pounds down the road. :)


I'm looking forward to feeling the change my shiny new car parts will make....and to posting new numbers when I dyno the car again after the installation!

Odometer: 25,626

3 comments:

Ronald said...

The chart seems to indicate you run the standard IHI turbo at 26 PSI boost (bottom right corner)
Do I read this wrong ?

Darryl said...

Wow. I don't know WHY that says 26 psi. It was at the factory setting of 8.5 pounds. Even with my new intake system and manual boost controller, I'm just running 10.5 to 11. Yes, by the way, standard IHI turbo.

Damon Dougherty said...

Need to go and get that dyno test done after the intake modifications...